Over the years I’ve had the privilege to work on numerous great historical projects as historian, researcher, media expert, and battlefield detective in different parts of the world. For that reason, I provide historical consultancy services for every form of press, book writing and publishing, digital media, social media, television and radio industry, documentary films, tourism, and video games. Our historical advice and consulting is based on our ability to get original, archived documents quickly in order to find exact footsteps for clients. Finding the exact footsteps of a veteran is my specialty.
In 2019 I earned my Master’s Degree in Military History at the University of Amsterdam where I wrote my thesis about how maps were not just a two dimensional representation of the world, but how they became a two-dimensional representation of the battlefield. As a result of writing my thesis I began exploring the possibilities to combine Geo-Information System (GIS) with Military History. With more than 500.000.000 maps printed for WWII there are tons of data to reconstruct the past.
To date, I have worked for numerous projects and companies:
- Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond (TBA)
- Time-Travel Unlimited, Film Documentary – The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany
- Albion Voyages, Footsteps Research Exclusive Portfolios – Bayeux, France
- King Size: The B24 Ghost Plane of LaFosse, Film Documentary – Belgium
- Behind Faces of Margraten – Video Project.
- Soldiers’ Stories: A Collection of WWII Memoirs, Upcoming Volume III, Books – USA
Some of my skills include:
- Knowledge of the use of the most important digital sources and methods for historical research
- Mastering techniques that are necessary for studying and analyzing digital source material and digital methods of research
- Proximity to the European battlefields allows Joey to capture photos and video of locations identified in military records
- Experienced battlefield tour guide in both the European and Pacific Theater of Operations
- Skilled videographer specializing in documentary and short films
I’ve been passionate about WWII history since I was a kid. My dad used to take me on Holidays to the Ardennes where we’d visit museums about the Battle of the Bulge. To this day we still repeat our one-week WWII trip to Belgium and Luxembourg to study the Battle of the Bulge.