Joedemadio’s Battlefield Tours
I’m happy to announce that I’m available as a full day tour guide for various battles that took place in Western Europe. My tours extend from Operation Market Garden to the Battle of the Bulge. These tours are perfect for schools, companies, big families and other big groups. For those looking for a private or custom tour I offer my service to research different units and plan a full day to step in the footsteps of the greatest generation.
I’ve always wanted to guide people around the areas of Diekirch, Echternach and Ettelbrück. Over the years I’ve learned a lot about the 4th, 5th & 28th Infantry Division as well as other units that fought in this area. As of recently I’ve been studying the battlefields of the paratroopers around Arnhem, Nijmegen and Eindhoven for Operation Market Garden. It’s my passion and my mission to pass on all the stories and knowledge available. To do this I’m available as guide for private tours & big groups. When you hire me, we will meet at a certain point and I will be the guide in your vehicle.
I also offer great services in providing you everything you need. From Bus Trips around the battlefields to Full Day Trips including lunch and dinner. As I said, I’m in contact with the best historians, hotels and B&B’s. I can set up a battlefield trip that lasts for a day up to a full week. For more information click on the contact form below!
“Joe did an outstanding job! So much so that we hired him for two additional days to include the battle of the bulge and the fighting in Luxembourg. Joes knowledge was extraordinary. He even found a castle to fully engage my two teenage daughters at the end of our ww2 tour. Thank you Joe and great job!”
Tour Information and Prices
- Full Day Race for Bastogne Tour
- Duration: 6-8 hours
- Tour Language: English or Dutch
- Description: During this tour we will take a look at the Race for Bastogne by the Germans in December 1944. We will follow the route of the 2nd Panzer and Panzer Lehr Division and their effort to reach Bastogne. At the same time we’ll look at the efforts of the 10th Armored Division: Team Cherry, Team Desobry and the 101st Airborne Division in their attempt to stop these German Troops. Passsing by the villages of Allerborn, Neffe and Noville. After spending in-depth time on the battlefield with heroic stories we continue to the position of E-Company of the 506th PIR and take a different look at the Band of Brothers Story. We will stand on the locations of the REAL NUTS! Story and hear many more heroic stories.
- Full Day Battle of the Bulge Southern Shoulder Tour
- Duration: 6-8 Hours.
- Tour Language: English or Dutch
- Description: This tour will have various stops and covers the defense and liberation of Berdorf by the 12th Regiment of the 4th Infantry Division and the 2nd Regiment of the 5th Infantry Division. This area has been part of the Battle of the Bulge for 11 days and continued to be part of it after those days. After Berdorf, the tour continues in the direction of Diekirch where it covers the liberation of Diekirch focussing on the famous Sauer Crossings by the 5th Infantry Division. These crossings marked the beginning of the end of the German advance on the Southern front of the Battle of the Bulge. After a small break, possibly at the Diekirch Museum, I will take you along the Border of Luxembourg and Germany. The German Westwall is a huge defensive line also known as the Siegfried Line. It stretched more than 630km and contained more than 18.000 bunkers, tunnels and tank traps. We will visit a various amount of fortifications and we will take a closer look at the attempts to break through this line. Hereby we focus on various units of the 4th, 5th and 80th Infantry Division.
- Five day Battle of the Bulge Tours
- Duration: 3-5 Days
- Description: In this package we pick you up at the Airport and bring you to a lovely B&B in the Belgian countryside, depending on the time of arrival we either rest and unpack, or make a direct visit to the battlefields. On day two, after breakfast, we will visit the keysites of Bastogne and the Band of Brothers foxholes. Day three will be guided by our B&B Host, Bob Konings, who spent hours of research on the famous Obersturmbahnführer Joachim Peiper. On day four we’ll be visiting Luxembourg and pay respects to the American War Cemetery as well as the one of the biggest museums about the Battle of the Bulge in Diekirch. For more information or an extended version (six or seven days), please contact me by filling in the form below.
- Custom Private Tour:
- Are you looking to follow a specific unit, area or person? Contact me and I will do my best to put a tour together according to your wishes. My research extends from the Battle of the Bulge to the bridges at Arnhem. My power lies behind fast and quality research. This means that in most cases we can walk in the direct footsteps of the soldiers.
- Duration: Depending on your needs I can be your guide for a couple of hours or for a FULL day!
Relive the past!
If there’s one thing I’ve preached since the very beginning, it’s reliving the past! I don’t want to just guide you around the battlefields and tell you the basics that big tour companies give you. I want to give you an experience you’ve never had before and hopefuly let you relive the past as best as possible. To do so, my private tours contain very high detailed information about area we visit and we go in-depth on the battles. Big tour companies tend to take you to the popular places or visit many different areas. Because of this, you’ll be part of the mainstream information and stories. Stories are kept simple and in the end you can’treally tell where you’ve been and which units you’ve followed. On my tours I want to introduce you to units so you get to know them and follow their footsteps. Besides, the area we stay in is relatively small so it’s much easier for you to relate to stories that happend in the part of the country. In short,
If one of your relatives served in this area, I’d love to offer a very personalized tour focussed on your relative and his movement throughout the area. Current day technology and access to information allows me to research persons and stories in high detail. Don’t forget to mention your relative when contacting me. I apply special discounts for relatives of veterans who served in the area.
- Veterans will be guided for free
- Special Discount for people who are escorting veterans.
- For more information about prices, fill in the form below and I will get back to you as soon as possible with pricings. Pricings depend on your needs, your transportation and the amount of persons.
How to book a tour?
Fill in this form and I will contact you as soon as possible!
If you have other questions send me and email at email@example.com